PDA

View Full Version : Face Selection

joseph_z
07-16-2004, 11:40 PM
Hi
I am having a cylindrical part and may I select a the side face of the part while using TAPER command using Programming.

This is what I Recorded in OSD, But instead of screen selection of the face of the Part is there any possibility to select the face to give taper angle.

taper_action :check :keep_tangent :no
:blend_auto :yes :update_rels :no :taper_type
:taper :faces set_catch_parameters :next_catch set_catch_parameters
-------------------------screen selection--------

:center #S(GPNTWC X 37.984173098934605 Y 33.966212379409924 CC 4.6700630187988281 GPORT "vport1")

--------------------screen selection end --------------

:draft_plane set_catch_parameters :next_catch set_catch_parameters GPORT "vport1") :w :draft_angle 3.0

dorothea
08-02-2004, 10:10 PM
Hi Joseph,

You cannot use viewport picks for programmatically calling a dialog. You can use inquiries from integration kit or the dialog 'get_selection'. With these functions you can get a sel_item of the side face. This sel_item then can be passed to the taper action.
Because bo viewport picks are allowed it also doesn't make sense to set or change the catch parameters. You can just eleminate these parameters.

For selection of the side face you need some more information about the model. For instance it's good to gave the 3d position of any point on the face. This 3d position then can be passed to get_selection. Other possibility is to inquire all planar faces. It really depends on the model.

Please read more in the documentation about 'get_selection'.

Hope this helps.
Dorothea

bdining
08-12-2004, 10:01 AM
Hello Joseph,

Using your dialog generator you can define a variable for face selection as follows:

(myfaces :value-type :face
:multiple-items t
:title "Face(s)"
:prompt-text "Specify the faces to move.")

Note:
Multiple-items is used to build a selection list.

If only one face is required use the following:

(myface :value-type :face
:title "Face"
:prompt-text "Select face.")

Bill