PDA

View Full Version : Screwy Tooltips

John Scheffel
06-16-2004, 08:56 AM
I ran into some odd behavior running Modeling 12.01C on a notebook PC. For the most part it works fine, but the tooltips are all screwed up. When I hover over a toolbar button, it does not display the correct tooltip, it displays the tooltip for a nearby button instead. Sometimes part of the tooltip text is cutoff by a black bar (or maybe it's the VP background color?) . Very weird. I was wondering if anyone else had seen behavior like this and had any ideas. Here is some system info.

HP Pavilion zd7010 Notebook
NVIDIA GeForce4 488 Go with 64 MB
17" widescreen LCD at 1440x900
Microsoft Windows XP Home SP1 Build 2600
Mouse Pointer Shadow is Disabled

I think there is a graphics driver update available, but I haven't tried it yet since the one I have is pretty recent.

clausb
06-16-2004, 09:10 AM
Known bug in Windows XP. SP2 will fix this. There is also a separate hotfix from Microsoft - see their article at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;814135. .

The problem only seems to occur when the XP UI look is active, so an alternative workaround is to rename the SolidDesigner.exe.manifest file in the OSDM installation directory (which activates the XP UI look).

Hope this helps,

Claus

John Scheffel
06-17-2004, 07:06 AM
Thanks Claus. Renaming the "SolidDesigner.exe.manifest" file fixed the problem and I don't miss the XP UI look. Will try restoring the name once SP 2 is released.