PDA

View Full Version : sd-hide-graphical-browser

bdining
06-09-2004, 01:50 PM
This will open the docked structure browser with browser bar just like F12
(sd-show-graphical-browser "parcel-gbrowser")

Can someone tell me why this is not working.
(sd-hide-graphical-browser "parcel-gbrowser" :ignore-pin 1)

This method will turn off structure browser but leave the browser bar open.
(sd-hide-graphical-browser "parcel-gbrowser" :ignore-pin 1 :inclTab t)

With docked browsers I would like to hide the browser bar using an after-input call

Running ver OSD_Modeling_11.60.2.0 on win2000 OS

Thanks
Bill Dining

Andy Poulsen
06-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Hi Bill,

Pressing F12 calls one of the system commands, which, according to the docs, are "Windows specific commands which are not defined as LISP functions or action routines." Executing the same function here would be the most desirable, but I am not aware of how this can be done at the dialog level. If anyone knows how, I'm sure there are at least two of us that would love to know!

It is very strange that the (sd-hide-graphical-browser...) doesn't work -- it certainly seems that it should! (and it didn't work here, either)

Here is a potential workaround that may do what you want (you need to be using the :oli package to access this function, but you're obviously doing that):

(sd-undock-graphical-browser "parcel-gbrowser" :show nil)

The above function worked under 11.60C, so I hope it works for you!

Note, however, that to show it in its previous state, you must use:

(sd-dock-graphical-browser "parcel-gbrowser")

since (sd-show-graphical-browser "parcel-gbrowser") will display the (now undocked) browser, and the above call will "re-dock" it...

I hope this helps! (I'm still puzzled why your initial solution doesn't work, though!)

Good luck!

andy

Markus
06-10-2004, 10:39 PM
You can't drive the complete Browser Bar with sd-show/hide-graphical-browser. These commands only work on one specific browser e.g. the Structure Browser, but even if you hide the Structure Browser, the Browser Bar will remain on the screen since this Browser Bar serves as container for all graphical browsers in OSDM.

To toggle the visibility of the Browser Bar you can call the supported function:

(oli:sd-call-win-command-by-sysid 32776)

You have noticed that the Browser Bar available command (F12) has a sysCmdId defined as action. To call this specific Windows command you can use the above mentioned documented and supported IKit function.

There are a few unsupported and not documented functions which may work better in your case:

(win-show-browserbar)
(win-hide-browserbar)
(win-browserbar-visible-p)

Best regards,
Markus