PDA

View Full Version : Unattended installation

mpz
06-03-2004, 01:44 AM
Is it possible to install OSD Modelling, Drafting etc. without any user interaction? Like it is possible with Windows, Office and many other programs.

John Scheffel
06-03-2004, 09:47 AM
Hopefully someone at CoCreate can provide an official answer, but when I asked about this 2 years ago the answer was no. We submitted an enhancement request to add this capability, but to my knowledge it has not been added as of version 12.

Wolfgang
06-19-2004, 06:08 AM
there have been some discussions in the past.

http://www.cocreateusers.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4471

I'm still satisfied with the AUTOIT tool (freeware), which simulates keystrokes and mouse clicks. I have scripts of several OSD versions.

Another way is just to install it once, copy the new directory to the destination system(s) and start OSD over there with a shortcut including the host name of the license server. Of course you can also copy the shortcut(s) of the startmenu to the destination system, but 1st add the -melshost parameter then.

This works fine for me, too.

choosing every time the same destination location (e.g. d:\programs\CoCreate\OSDM_12..x) make it easy. Other wise you have to adjust the ...binNT\startAnnotator.sh.bat and ..binNT\startDispatcher.lnk which contain absolute pathnames.

jriopel
07-23-2004, 10:19 AM
I'd love to see one of the scripts.
I installed AutoIT and am having some difficulties.

Wolfgang
07-27-2004, 09:42 AM
Hi, well attached is the script.

some things I have to explain:

it's written for OSD12.x, but installation did not change so much during the last years
it's written for / with Autoit 2.4x? (so not for the 3.x version, which is the most recent one)
lines 25..65 are used to define some variables depending on your environment. finally these things are used to execute a dos command _net use q: \\pc-name\share\subdirdir\_ to have the q: drive pointing to the right installation dir.
I cleaned up these linse not to mix you up with my settings (which offer more than one pc share etc.). I hope I did not break something.
main things start at line 69
line 150 is the normal end.
at line 172 start the ADLIB section. which handles message/windows not shown everytime.

I hope it does give you some tips and hints.