PDA

View Full Version : ME10 Text to Geo., back to Text

tbenes
04-23-2004, 01:20 PM
ME10 has the capability to change text to geometry, however I would like to do the opposite, change converted text geometry back to text. Anyone have any ideas if this is possible, how?
Thanks

:)

Darren
04-26-2004, 04:12 AM
Do you want to convert back from text that is already converted? If so it will be quite a job. If not, and you will be converting your own text to geo and then back again - then you can use infos to store the text properties and use them to re-create the original text.

I have been looking at ways to convert "raw geometry" back to text and it could be possible but it depends on a lot of things - slant, font type etc. For simple strings there is a good chance you can get some results though.

/Darren

Accurate Consulting (http://www.nethut.net/me10)

tbenes
04-26-2004, 04:42 AM
The company I work for is performing a mass conversion from Microstation to ME10, the best way to handle the text was to just turn it into geometry, but this causes the persons who have to update or edit a drawing more work to replace the converted text with real text. That is why I'm looking for a better solution to work with the converted text.
Thanks

Thom Ivancso
04-26-2004, 07:43 AM
What format are you using to convert the Microstation drawing in from, DXF, 2D-IGES?