PDA

View Full Version : Ace macros with 12.x

bfisher
04-23-2004, 05:28 AM
I know that using Ace macros in the Windows GUI has been discussed before in this forum and I'm bringing it up again because I've seen a few issues with the Ace file browser in the classic interface. In particular, the display tables don't refresh like they used to in Revision 10.5. (I noticed the same problem in Rev. 11.x) I'm wondering if anyone knows whether this is because of a change in the internal table macro commands, or if there is a bug.

The real problem might also be an issue with the classic interface running in a Windows environment. In any case, I think that the value of the Ace macros in the classic environment warrants the effort to get them working well with Rev 12.x. If anyone has comments or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruce

John Scheffel
04-23-2004, 08:59 AM
We include the ACE macros with version 11 and 12, but have not received any reports of problems. However, I don't know how many people are actually using them and we only enable them for the Classic or Mixed UI. Can you provide some details on what type of display table problems you are seeing?

bfisher
04-23-2004, 09:03 AM
John,

The most serious thing I've seen is with the Ace file browser. If you have it open and are opening and saving files, the display doesn't always update, meaning that you can click on a file to load and it's the wrong file. If you remember to manually refresh the screen,everything is alright.

Bruce