PDA

View Full Version : how to draw Roughness like this

peter_hu
04-13-2004, 08:04 PM
hello,

In OSD Modeling I can draw the surface Roughness in attached file. But In Drafting how to do this?
Could we draw the surface Roughness like OSD Annotation? Or write a micro to draw?

John Scheffel
04-14-2004, 11:38 AM
I don't know of any built in feature to do this. I think CoCreate offers some type of optional symbol library at additional cost, but we don't have it.

It could certainly be done with a macro. I remember seeing a macro that someone had written to create a revision triangle before it was a standard item, but I couldn't find it. It might be a good example as a starting point. If no one comes up with a better reply I can do some more digging.

Harry
04-14-2004, 10:59 PM
have a look at your installed me10 manual:

.../htm/english/user_classic/umch011.html#DD-SURFTOL

this is standard code, but only available in old ui!
This is a good example of reveiling a bad property of ME10. Why didn't they translate it to the new windows interface? :(

John Scheffel
04-15-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Harry
have a look at your installed me10 manual:

.../htm/english/user_classic/umch011.html#DD-SURFTOL

this is standard code, but only available in old ui!
For those who don't have ready access to the manuals, here is what it says:

Surface Symbols

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note
The Surface Symbols and Welding Symbols menus are available in the Classical User Interface of ME10 only. To run ME10 with this user interface, set MEPELOOK to 1 in the me10 startup file.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To display the Surface Symbols menu, click Menu 2 in the SYMBOLS menu.

I tried this but got the following error messages.

*** No license for DIN Bibliothek 880
'No license for ME Symbols'

This is what I was refering to by "optional Symbols Library". Access to these symbols seems to require a special license that we don't have. It must be some sort of third party add-on module that requires a separate license.

Wolfgang
04-15-2004, 11:21 AM
it's not a 3rd party add on.

it's a CoCreate add on for ME10.. but a really old one ;-)

Yannick Rouat
04-15-2004, 11:11 PM
Hello

In WUI enter the command

load_sym "Tolerance" to launch the macro

Thom Ivancso
04-16-2004, 03:20 AM
The Finish Symbols Menu and Weld Symbols Menus are part of a add-on module created by CoCreate called 2D Library Symbols.

This Module needs to have a seperate license purchased for its use.

Once you have the license the easiest way to invoke it in the WUI is to type in Sm_symbols_1 this will open the Symbols 1 Menu (Classic version style) and then you can choose either the MENU 2 (Finish Symbols) or MENU 3 (Weld Symbols) Buttons from the bottom of the menu this will load the macros (if you have the license to use it) and open the correct menu.

Cheers
Thom

peter_hu
04-18-2004, 07:43 PM
Thank you very much. But how to load 2d library in windows UI?
And have you a study book about it?

John Scheffel
04-19-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by peter_hu
But how to load 2d library in windows UI?
If you are running a recent version of Drafting, you can open Classic Menus in the Windows or Mixed UI. Just call the macro that opens the menu. In this case, enter the following on the command line.

Sm_symbols_1

This should open the SYMBOLS 1 menu. I'm not sure at which version this became supported. I know it works in 11.6 and 12.0, but don't know about ME10 10.50 or earlier.