PDA

View Full Version : Append fix text

tom kirkman
04-12-2004, 06:59 AM
I would like to create a macro to add a parenthesis before and after dimensions. If the dimensions already has some sort of fix text, I would still like to keep them and append the parenthesis.

for example

Ø1-3/4 THRU

to
(Ø1-3/4 THRU).

Does anyone know how to read and append fix text through a macro?

Thanks

Tom Kirkman

John Scheffel
04-12-2004, 12:38 PM
Unfortunately I don't think there is any way to inquire the current value of fix text. If you look at the Help on the INQ_ELEM command and scroll down to the section that starts "if element type = DIM_LINE", you will see that there are no INQ values that return the current fix text values. I submitted an enhancement request to add these back in May 2003, but I just checked the help for version 12 and it is still not listed. So unless they added it but still haven't documented it, I don't know of any way to do what you want. Maybe someone else knows better.

Michael Kahle
04-13-2004, 11:35 PM
Inside macro you can use a combination of
DA_STYLE_GET and
INQ_ENV 17 + (INQ 90x).
Be aware, that the default fixtexts will change by DA_STYLE_GET and might need to be saved and restored.

If you are using IKIT (Lisp), then there is allready a function:
(sd-am-inq-dim-fix-texts item) see
.../help/Common/documentation/integration_kit/reference/annotation/dimension_inquiries.html#sd-am-inq-dim-fix-texts

Michael

John Scheffel
04-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Oops! I just realized that this was posted in the Annotation forum, and my answer assumed it was talking about Drafting/ME10. Thanks to Michael for providing an answer for how to do it in Annotation using LISP.