PDA

View Full Version : new hole threads in Machining

andrea
04-07-2004, 01:33 AM
How I can insert in the module MACHINING a new personalized type of holes threads to you with the relati to you parameters?

Wolfgang
04-14-2004, 10:05 AM
Hi Andrea,

your post have been read 40 times in the meantime.. but now answer.

And I have to admit that I have a problem with the 2nd half of your question, too.

Do you want to add a complete new hole (different geometry than available) or do you just want to have other values in the tables shown using existing wholes.. or something completely different.? ? ?

Tell us a little bit more.

andrea
04-14-2004, 10:46 PM
Hi, did I Want if do possible era insert a new type of hole called PG (service cables). Or could not I be inserted new types of holes??

The type of perforate them you could find to this address:
http://www.toolmec.it/filettatura/pg.html

Thank you

Wolfgang
04-15-2004, 01:24 PM
Hi Andrea,

I still think you only need 'some values' for the tables offered by machining. The PG as shown in the URL you send is simply a threaded through hole with different measurements than the others.

I wrote a tiny lisp tool which converts the values shown in the table at the URL into the needed values for machining. Simple load the file into your OSD (best way: using the ma_customize file). Then you will find new entries after you selected as TAP unit "Pg".

Check whether the result is fine.

there are two open problems:
a) loading the file twice will show more entries. (somehow the replace of a table row does not work here and now as planned, may be some of you have a tip what I did wrong)

b) I'm not sure about the MA value :std_tap_clearance. Here guessed what to take.

HTH

andrea
04-15-2004, 11:00 PM
Hi,
I have tried to load your file, how come first thing I from an error (see the list of OUTPUT)
and then in the chart of the holes there is the new type.
I mistake something???

THANK YOU

Wolfgang
04-19-2004, 11:32 AM
well these are some warnings for column(s) not in use / not specified. I'll look for it (but not before 1st may).

Is it working so far for you. I think the wholes are created with the correct measurements? Right?

And what OSD version are you using? May this makes some differenes with the warnings (not sure about it).

andrea
04-19-2004, 10:57 PM
Thank you,
the parameters for the creation of the hole are correct.
Self looking at the [help] I had created the following .lsp lines
but also with this I from errors.
I have the version 12.01C