PDA

View Full Version : Control default part and default workplane in sd_customize?

Harry
03-31-2004, 05:25 AM
In Onespace desinger Modelling 12, I like to control the system settings "default part = off" and "default workplane = off" in a customize file.

(load "recorder") doesn't help me because it doesn't recorder anything during selection of <edit><settings<system settings>
:(

Can anyone give me a hint how to solve this problem?

Andy Poulsen
03-31-2004, 07:06 AM
Hi Harry,

This is an alternative solution -- it doesn't turn off the default part and workplane, but will delete the default "/w1" and "/p1" when your session starts. Just put the following line in your startup file:

delete_3d :all_at_top complete

and you should be all set.

I hope this helps!

Good luck!

andy

John Scheffel
03-31-2004, 08:14 AM
Modeling 12 has a new feature to set this from the UI. Click Edit, Settings, System Settings. Open the Startup tab. Uncheck "Create default part" and/or "Create default workplane" as desired, then close. This is a persistent setting, so it should be remembered automatically when you exit and restart.

An added advantage of this new feature, it also affects whether or not you get a default part/workplane when you click the File, New button to start a new session.

This setting is saved into the new user file "sd_data.lsp" which will be under the user profile directory. You can use the Windows "Search for files" to figure out where this is saved on your PC. If you look at this file you will see lines like the following which set this option.
(persistent-data
:key "CREATE-DEF-WP"
:value NIL)
(persistent-data
:key "CREATE-DEF-PART"
:value NIL)

Harry
04-01-2004, 02:35 AM
Thanks guys!

problem solved