PDA

View Full Version : macros will not run in win2000

rswartz
03-24-2004, 06:35 AM
My NT computer is about to quit, our MIS group has given me a newer one running win 2000. All my macros that use variables with the Run Graphic statement in them, do not seem to function. If I run the trace command I get the proper responces from the macro but the run graphic commands do not exicute. An example looks like this RUN GRAPHIC ('COPY C:\XXX\XXX\FILE.pdf C:\XXX\XXX\'+N2+' ') were '+N2+' is a variable representing a drawing name extracted from the macro. This macro ran great in win NT. I am using ME10 ver 10.5. Does anyone have a soloution?

John Scheffel
03-24-2004, 08:48 AM
If you look at the Help on the RUN command, you will see that the GRAPHIC option is not a valid option for running under any version of Windows, it was an option for Unix only. It may be that it was ignored under NT, but is not under 2000.

I don't know if ME10 v10.50 was officially supported under Windows 2000. If not, it could be that the RUN command doesn't always work in 2000.

You might want to re-write your macros to avoid system calls with RUN if possible, since they are always a source of problems. For example, you can use the ME10 COPY_FILE command to copy files without calling whatever copy command the operating system uses. Then the macro will work in any operating system. We had a lot of internal macros that used RUN commands under Unix, but had lots of problems when we migrated to Windows. We were able to eliminate many of these by using standard ME10 commands that performed the same function.