PDA

View Full Version : How to create owner selector

jkramer
03-12-2004, 01:36 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to improve a Lisp routine that we use to insert "change triangle" Sketches on Annotation drawings.
I need to be able to select the owner of the Sketch, and I want to use the same selector Annotation uses normally (see picture).
I have some experience with toggles etc., but this one is a bit more complex...
Does anyone have the code for this, or code that is similar??

Thanks!
Regards,
Jaap

Wolfgang
03-12-2004, 12:22 PM
Hi,

two recommendations:

a) if you like to insert a simple (fixed) MI-file into your drawing I would like to point you to "register sketches".

b) another possibility is working with filebased symbols.

Both is existing functionality and the only thing to do is customization.

HTH.

John Scheffel
03-22-2004, 01:21 PM
You might want to investigate defining your change triangle as a new Symbol. When you add a symbol to a drawing you will automatically be prompted to pick the owner. See the following help file for more info.

<install-dir>\help\Common\documentation\integration_kit\reference\annotation\symbol_customization.html

Wolfgang
03-22-2004, 01:50 PM
if you are just interested how a User interface like the owner selection can be realized with standard integration kit functions take a look to the attachment.

I created it as a subaction instead of a stand alone dialog. If you follow the comments in the listing you also have a standalone dialog, too; without connections to other dialogs.

hope it's not to complicate. Take it as a LISP example.

jkramer
03-22-2004, 10:14 PM
Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks very much for making an example for me!!!
However, I can't find the Lisp code with your post....
can it be that you forgot to attach it???

Thanks again,
Jaap

Wolfgang
03-23-2004, 11:01 AM
hmmm... where's my LISP gone :rolleyes:

using preview does remove the entry in the 'Attach file' field.