PDA

View Full Version : problems deleting notes with model manager 12

alexniccoli
03-08-2004, 01:29 AM
I have a problem using model manager 12.
Consider the following scenario:
I create a note on a part and i want to delete the part.

If I want to delete the part right clicking on the part i can't delete the part because model manager can't reserve the note.So if i remove the link from note to part than i can delete the part.But if i want to delete the note i cant' do it because model manager tell that i cant reserve the note.

It could be acceptable the procedure explained above but the notes remains in the system and that isn't beautiful.
I think that
1- Model manager is a too young product,and is better to wait for the next release OR
2- I did some mistakes

Alessandro Niccoli

dszostak
03-09-2004, 08:38 AM
Hello Alessandro:
This situation is all about the Access Control List (ACL) for elements in MM. By default in MM v12 Notes cannot be deleted, but you can change this behavior today. Change your ACL on Notes. Please call Support if you need help with this change.
We are currently considering changing this default ACL in the future because the Delete Wizard in v12 shows you all the dependencies (links) between objects in the database. So with that type of informative functionality, we'll let the user decide if any object should be deleted or not.

BTW - In the past, keeping the Notes around were important to 2D drawings. Even if the related 3D model was deleted after the 2D was created (which some companies STILL do), the Notes would exist for 2D referencing.