PDA

View Full Version : KEYS in ME10

jameshetfield
02-26-2004, 10:02 PM
Hello all!
This is regarding setting KEYS in ME10 for frequently used commands.
I have been trying to set keys for the MODIFY options,such as, move,rotate,etc.

I have tried with "move-2 points and horizontal" as well as "rotate-2 points",split and merge,and they worked well;hence,I am assuming the other commands (mirror,scale) also would work.

But I have not been able to do the same with TRIM options.
I have tried to set the following strings in the fields while setting the keys:
"Trim one element"
"Modify Trim one Element"
"Modify Trim/Expand Trim One Element"
"Modify Trim"

For the previous commands (move,rotate,split,merge),i figured out that I needed to set "modify" as the start of the string and then it works (just setting "move" doesnt work); hence I have been trying to do the same for "trim", but surprisingly it doesnt work.

Am I missing something here?
Help files dont say much about setting keys.
I am using VER12.

Thanks and hoping to hear from you all very soon,

Regards,
James

Gary Brauch
02-27-2004, 07:51 AM
James,
If I understand correctly, you want to use something like "control T" to trim one and "Alt T" to trim two.
If this is the case, you have to put in the command name which is:
trim_one
trim_two

Please see the attached file.
Gary.

Thom Ivancso
02-27-2004, 08:08 AM
Hello James,

You do not need to use the MODIFY command with the Trim commands. So when setting up shortcut keys in Drafting v12 for Trim commands the syntax is as follows:

TRIM_ONE (Trim or Extend one element to another single element)
You can add the option CHAIN after it to create a single element to trim multiple elements to.

TRIM_TWO (Trim or Extend two elements to each other thus making a sharp corner)
Again you can add the option of CHAIN to this as well.

CUT_MIDDLE (Trim the center section or an element between to boundrey elements)
As as with the other two you can use the CHAIN option as well.

The most important part about making this whole thing work is to make sure you have the EXECUTE box checked in the key line on the Key Definition menu. If not the command will just write the commands on the User Input line and not activate.

The syntax for Execute is #M

So to assign lets say the Trim one element to the shortcut key Ctrl T it would read as 'TRIM_ONE'#M in the Control dialog space for the key T, in the Key Definitions creation menu.

Also these shortcut key definitifions reside in the file:

Drive Letter:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\CoCreate\ME10\12.01\KeysU.cfg

The other way to do it is by putting it into your customization file, this way you would need to write out the full command syntax as such:

DEFINE_KEY 't' CONTROL EXECUTE 'TRIM_ONE'

I hope this helps you out.

Cheers
Thom

jameshetfield
02-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Thank you Gary and Thom!
It works great!
One more thing.How do i know the string format for putting in such keys,for eg., for a horizontal line i have used "LINE HORIZONTAL",whereas for trimming "TRIM_ONE" or "TRIM_TWO" is used (LINE does not have an underscore,wheras TRIM has).

Hence,how should one know when to use an underscore or what character to use?..are there any general set of rules for such string settings for KEYS?

Regards,
James

Thom Ivancso
02-29-2004, 02:39 AM
Hello James,

If you look in the help pull down menu, the top pick in the list will take you to the Drafting internal command syntax page. This is where you can find the structure for the way the language works.

Cheers
Thom

jameshetfield
02-29-2004, 07:19 PM
Thanks a lot Thom!
Regards,
James