PDA

View Full Version : How to save down rev formats?

May Kung
02-17-2004, 10:36 AM
I know CoCreate supports saving one revision back, but there also used to be a switch to let you save more than one revision back.

Alas, I misplaced the command used. When we migrate to OSD 12, we may have to occasionally save things to SD 9 format until the entire company switches over.

Does anyone know the syntax?

Thom Ivancso
02-17-2004, 10:54 AM
Hello May,

Here is the syntax that we use to set the saving of models and drawings to one level back.

(progn (frame2-ui::fb-filing-rev-set-backward) (values))

But we also have a CoCreate lisp routine that allows us to choose which version we wish to save at. Once you load the routine it puts a button in the Toolbox. When the routine is run it fills in the drop down list with all the revisions available to save at.

But like all extra code it is use at your own risk deal, we have had no problems with it here.

I will include the code here.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Thom

May Kung
02-18-2004, 08:00 AM
Nice! Thanks for posting the lisp code, Thom. It seems to work between OSD12 and SD9. I hope the transition is fast enough that I won't have to use the script, but at least it'll be there should someone need it.

Stefan Freitag
02-19-2004, 05:56 AM
:confused:
I don't want to be difficult but it says "CoCreate Confidential" in the header of this file and includes the name of one of our fellow developers.
It is ok to receive such a file by a CoCreate support team member or one of our partner's support team members by email to solve a particular problem (together with a description when to use it and what the side effects are. And with a note to not further distribute the file). I don't think it is ok to post it on a public forum/newsgroup.
Stefan

Thom Ivancso
02-19-2004, 07:12 AM
I have removed the material from this thread. I did not mean to offend anyone at CoCreate by offering it to the other members of the "small" CoCreate user community.

I do not see why this piece of knowledge should be treated any more sensitive then any other piece of user contributed code just because the development gruop wrote it. Seeing that this piece of code was placed on our systems here more then a few years ago and probably by a VAR at the time.

Yes the code header does say Confidential but it does not say any where in it that it can not be freely distributed. And since it was not sold for profit to anyone except maybe the VAR who installed it, I do not believe it violates the copyright either.

{Jumps off the soapbox}

Cheers
Thom

Wolfgang
02-19-2004, 12:08 PM
IMO Stefan did not complain because of "just because the development group wrote it"

For me 'confidential' and 'copyright' are very different things!

It is used in the meaning of 'strictly confidential' and not like 'reliable' / 'trustable'.

hmm inside a newsgroup I would set a follow up to (somewhere else) ;)