what did you need to do?

I am specifcally looking for the macros to create hardware
(screws, nuts. washers, ... etc).

Looking forward to hearing from anyone.

Paul.

bfisher
02-17-2004, 03:46 AM
Paul,

Steve Montambault's Ace Macros are certainly worth the effort to integrate them into the WUI environment, but I found as you obviously have that it's no trivial task. My attempts ended in frustration until Rev 12.x at which point they suddenly became better behaved. I think that part of the problem will be that in the WUI interface, the location of the main viewport can change dynamically when the user moves toolbars around. However, if you can keep that part stable, the only other thing that needs to be done is change the initial load location of the ACE toolbox.

BTW, I also found that there was some kind of error that kept the hardware screen from loading, as well as the weld, logic, and hydro modules but in 12.x they seem to load OK.

Again, I think if you have it available, Rev 12.x is your best bet.

Good Luck, Bruce

pcushion
02-17-2004, 03:57 AM
Thanks, Bruce.

When I have more free time, I'll work on it some more.

Paul.

Thom Ivancso
02-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Hello Paul,

I have tried to create some of the ACE Macros as well and found that it takes a lot of work to get them into the WUI, especially the Hardware ones I was able to create a small set (see image) with some success but the menus are volitale and moved around alot on me so I stopped working on them and got pulled in other directions. It is my intention to work on them again as soon as I can.

I have not tried this with version 12 yet as Bruce suggested, I will try that in the near future.

Cheers
Thom

John Scheffel
02-18-2004, 10:22 AM
The Windows UI on recent versions of Drafting does support use of Classic menus, so it should be possible to use the ACE macros/menus with very little modification. I haven't done much testing, but was able to load and open it (see the attached GIF).

pcushion
02-18-2004, 10:36 AM
John,

That looks good.
I havn't even been able to get that far.

Still not allot of time to play, though.

Thanks a ton.
Paul.

:cool: