PDA

View Full Version : changing the Revision

nan battaglia
02-04-2004, 02:18 PM
I'm using MMv12.
I read somewhere that you can overwrite the suggested revision and put in your own value. I'm unable to do that. MM is right out of the box. There are 4 revision defaults listed.
I've got some parts that have 3 and 4 revisions and I want these parts put into MM with their current revision instead of going back to 1.
Can I get some help from someone......

May Kung
02-04-2004, 02:41 PM
I can definitely do that under WM5.1, so I'd be surprised if MM12 won't let you. My impression was that while it suggested a value, it still would let you edit to some other value.

I'll have MM in another month, so I'm quite curious about this behavior. If it forces you to create revision 1 first, will it let you then edit it and change it to revision 4? Could it be something to do with rights?

nan battaglia
02-04-2004, 02:55 PM
I've tried changing the revision before I save and then tried to edit the revision after the save. Neither works.
There was a thread back in May of 2003 where David S. stated that you can overwrite and suggest your own value ( freeform the revision).

nan battaglia
02-04-2004, 03:25 PM
I'm sorry. I just figured out how to change the revision in ModelManager. It took me long enough. You just have to double- click in the revision field an type in your new revision.

:o

May Kung
02-04-2004, 03:43 PM
Oh. So it *does* let you change it while creating the file, or do you still have to create the file first, then change it?

nan battaglia
02-04-2004, 03:45 PM
No. You change it before you save it. Cool

May Kung
02-04-2004, 03:55 PM
Excellent. I'll keep in mind the need to double-click for editing once MM lands here.

dszostak
02-05-2004, 09:04 AM
Just to let you know, the lab also found this edit revision field in 2004 (v12) a little unintuitive. For the next release we've modified UI (field selection area and clicks) to make it easer for the user edit this attribute.