PDA

View Full Version : External reference on other page?

May Kung
02-04-2004, 10:03 AM
There's a user here who wants to use an external reference point for coordinate dimensioning of a detail view, but the "owning" view (not parent) is on a different sheet.

As a workaround, he left the owning view and detail view on the same sheet, created the dimensions, then moved the owning view to another sheet. It seems to work, even after an update.

Is there a way to do this directly?

Wolfgang
02-04-2004, 12:46 PM
RTFP! ;)

Read the ... PPPPPPrompt.

Click a dimension or an element to be transfered as far base point, or select another sheet.

This is displayed right after you selected the check box for ERP. Click on the sheet's NAME not onto the icon in drawing browser. The sheet will be displayed. you can select any element in any view and then the drawing does return to the sheet current when you started the dim command.

It's in since there are external reference point dimensions.

May Kung
02-04-2004, 02:01 PM
Ah. The user was trying to toggle between sheets using a hotkey assigned to PgUp/PgDn. I didn't realize selecting this involved selecting the name of the sheet only and not the icon.

Thanks for the clarification, Wolfgang. :D

I know there are other commands that shut when going between sheets; perhaps I should try switching sheets the same way.

Wolfgang
02-05-2004, 09:48 AM
PGUp PgDn is a nice idea.. thanks for input!

Of course if you have a "am_current_sheet NN" assigned to you PGu/d key this will terminate another open command.