PDA

View Full Version : 3D Documentation - Number of Decimal Digits

luigimilano
02-03-2004, 11:09 PM
I can't tranfer a docuplane from 3D Documentation to Annotation with dimensions that have 3 decimal digits. How can I do? Only 2 decimal digits I obtain, why?

Thank-you

Wolfgang
02-04-2004, 12:26 PM
Did you try to set the default number of digits to 3 inside Annotation before transfer the 3D-Dims?

I assume that the Annotation default would win not to have some dimension with 2 and some with 3 digits.

luigimilano
02-04-2004, 11:01 PM
My Annotation environment have 3 digits from always infact I quote drawings with 3 digits. For me the problem is inside 3D documentation, infact the label of dimension is always 2 digits but if I modify the label compare 3 digits in the window where I can modify the format of dimension.

Thank-you

P.S. sorry I wrong I open new thread

John Scheffel
02-05-2004, 10:03 AM
Not sure this is what you are looking for, but try this.

Modify Anno, Settings, Default, Format, change Decimals to 3, click Apply, then OK. Now any new 3D Annotations created should have 3 decimal places.

If Annotation is set for 3 decimal places, you should get 3 places when you transfer the 3D Annos.

PS - I deleted the new thread you posted by mistake.

luigimilano
02-05-2004, 11:47 PM
I set dimensions format 3 digits, but the label of dimension (I mean tolerance label) is always 2 digits. Instead the label of GD&T Symbol is all right.
I discover that the tolerance value remain 2 digits while the principal quote value is 3 digits.
In 3D Documentation there isn't the comand to control format of main text from format of main tolerance.

Thanks John

Thom Ivancso
02-06-2004, 09:14 AM
Hello,

There is a way to set the decimal places of the tolerance seperate from the dimension.

I have created a pdf file the walks throught the way to set this as both a default value and to modify existing dimension and tolerance placed on the model.

I will need to attach it to a couple of posts because it is too big as one file even zipped.

Note that any round number in OSDM 3D Doumention or Annotation will stop regardless of decimal places set.

So a dimension of 10 will always read 10 and not 10.000, this is the way of things in the application same is for tolerances .01 will not read .010 even if set to three decimal places.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Thom

Thom Ivancso
02-06-2004, 09:15 AM
Part 2 of 3

luigimilano
02-07-2004, 01:26 AM
Great Tom
Now it's all right

Thank-you very much

P.S. I can't download the third attach

Thom Ivancso
02-08-2004, 06:47 AM
I am glad that it helped you out. If you send me an email with your email address. I will send you the entire pdf file. I will fix the issue with the third pdf part.

Cheers
Thom

Thom Ivancso
02-08-2004, 06:53 AM
Part 3 of 3