PDA

View Full Version : Dll File

brm
01-30-2004, 12:12 AM
HOW CAN CREATE A .dll FILE WITH MY MACRO COMMANDS.
ME10 VERSION 10.50.

robban
01-30-2004, 04:52 AM
From the "HELP"

-->(STORE_MACRO)-->+-->|macro name|-->+-->+-------------->+-->|file_name|->
| | | |
+------>(ALL)----->+ +-->(DEL_OLD)-->+

STORE_MACRO stores the named macro or ALL macros to the specified destination. It uses an internal binary format. STORE_MACRO can store both unsecured and secured macros. Files created by STORE_MACRO may only be read by the LOAD_MACRO function. They cannot be INPUT.

default: If the file specified already exists, an error message is issued, otherwise a new file is created.
DEL_OLD: If the file specified already exists, its old contents are lost.
The format used by STORE_MACRO depends on the revision of the program. Upward compatability is maintained. A file created with version 8.0 will not be loaded with lower versions, whereas viceversa is possible. To avoid this problem, keep copies in text form of all macros, even if you use the binary form from day to day for speed. Such a copy can always be (re)generated by SAVE_MACRO, as long as no macros have been secured with SECURE_MACRO.

Regards
Robban

Thom Ivancso
01-30-2004, 05:54 AM
Hello brm,

I moved the thread here, since it is more of a customization question then a general drafting one.

As far as creating a *.dll file of a macro the method discribed above will work in creating a binary file of your macros making them unreadable in a text browser, but it will not make them a *.dll file the file extension will be *.m just like if you Saved the macro. I believe if you want to create a ME10 macro that is a *.dll file you need to use Visual Basic or you can use the C-API and write in C. The information can be found in the ME10 install directory under the folder me10ai.

Note: Just because the macro has been compiled using the STORE_MACRO command does not mean that it is 100% secure. It can still be un-compiled using the tools in ME10.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Thom

John Scheffel
01-30-2004, 03:39 PM
You might also want to look at the SECURE_MACRO command. Here is what the Help has to say about it.
SECURE_MACRO protects the named macro or ALL macros from being listed, edited, saved, or traced. Secured macros may be stored with STORE_MACRO.
I have never tried it, so have no idea how secure it is. Also, I believe you can use any file extension you want for filenames used with STORE_MACRO and LOAD_MACRO, but by convention CoCreate is now using .m for text files containing macros (loaded by INPUT) and .mc for binary macro files stored with STORE_MACRO and loaded with LOAD_MACRO. However, I would not use .dll since they are not really dll files.

andrea
10-21-2009, 01:51 AM
STORE_MACRO don't work whit Drafting version 16 ?????

John Scheffel
10-23-2009, 10:37 AM
STORE_MACRO don't work whit Drafting version 16 ?????
STORE_MACRO should work with version 16. Can you provide more detail on the problem you have with STORE_MACRO?

andrea
10-25-2009, 11:36 PM
Now work .
sorry.......