PDA

View Full Version : Turning off the nagging-nanny window?

Steve
01-28-2004, 06:12 AM
Every time you miss your click in annotation (or modelling for that matter), i.e. you don't click close enough to the object you are trying to select, you get this damn error window that pops up:

Selection has failed. Please reselect. (Error 301)

And you have to hit "OK" to try again.

Clue Alert: If I miss my pick, it's obvious that the selection has failed, because, duh, nothing happens. Throwing up an error window that I have to dismiss before I can pick again is very annoying. Is there a way to turn this off?

Steve

Jim McKim
02-03-2004, 06:48 PM
IMHO, I think having the error window pop up is valid, especially for a newer user, but it would be nice if it would self close, say after 1 second.
Or, like in many other programs, simply generate a beep, although I don't particularly like the idea of listening to all my co-workers' errror beeps. Of course, they would never hear any from me :D

May Kung
02-04-2004, 07:29 AM
I like the self-closing idea. The beeps wouldn't be bad, as I normally have headphones on and wouldn't notice the beeps around me. Compared to people that insist on using speakerphone checking voice mail, a few pesky beeps are nothing. :)