PDA

View Full Version : Using :accelerator when defining a command

bdining
01-21-2004, 12:53 PM
Question 1:
I have added :accelerator "CTRL 1" to commands in my sd_avail_cmds.cmd file. The command is available in the command list but the accelerator key will not call the command.

I need accelerators available in this file vs the Soliddesigner.acc file so that I could pass these options on to others.

Could somebody please explain what I need to do?

Example:
("3D Vector (Calc)"
:title "3D Vector (Calculator)"
:action "add_vp_direction_axes \"vport1\" set_catch_parameters :all set_catch_parameters :no_project set_catch_parameters :wp_all uic_measure_3d_vector"
:description "Measures a 3D vector (result -> calculator)"
:image "SolidDesigner/Measure/meas_3d_vec_calc"
:ui-behavior :default
:accelerator "CTRL 1"
)

Question 2:
The documentation says I could use the Solddesigner.acc in SDCORPCUSTOMIZEDIR or SDSITECUSTOMIZEDIR but the system will not read it from these locations which is located on the network. I am only able to get it to load from the local location SDUSERCUSTOMIZEDIR , but this is no good if I want to have many user use this file.

Could somebody explain proper location on network for loading.

Thank You
Bill Dining

Markus
01-21-2004, 11:17 PM
Hi Bill,

which Designer version are you using?

With 12.0 we made significant improvements in the area of customization including keyboard shortcuts.

Before explaining the wrong thing, please tell me which version you are using.

Thanks,
Markus

bdining
01-22-2004, 05:02 AM
We have 2 versions running at our company
OSD_Modeling_11.60.2.0
OSD_Modeling_11.60.0.13

Markus
01-22-2004, 08:22 AM
Hi Bill,

before 12.0 there were several issues with keyboard definitions via sd_avail_cmds.cmd or SolidDesigner.acc files. All these (known) issues are solved with 12.0. We don't store any UI settings to the Registry anymore. So, this would be a good reason to upgrade to 12.0, or?

OK, in case you need to stay with 11.6X for a while, here is what you need to do to make this work.
The only way to make changes done in any file in respect to accelerators work is to clear out the Designer Registry (ResetUISettings.bat) and restart a fresh session.
If you switched off Save customizations to registry on exit in the UI Settings menu, this step is not necessary and you'll see your changes on next startup. But in this case you need to carefully design your customization files to get a predictable UI layout on startup. This is quite some work in case you created a few additional toolbars and you want them to appear at specific locations. Another drawback of this is that user's are not able to layout their UI to their needs.

I'd recommend to upgrade to 12.0X! We've done major improvements in this area!

Hope this helps.

Markus