PDA

View Full Version : Model/Drawing Manager Central Customisation

Harry
01-11-2004, 11:55 PM
Has someone find a way to store the custom.xml and custom.jar on a central (shared) place in LAN?

Now, we have to copy the files to all clients (20+) on the network everytime we have an upgrade of the customised files.

luigimilano
01-13-2004, 10:34 PM
When all users start OSDModeling configure a variable SDSITECUSTOMIZEDIR=centralized_directory under "SDSITECUSTOMIZEDIR/ModelManager" put your customization file *.xml.

Bye

Harry
01-13-2004, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the tip.
If I place the custom.xml file in directory Modelmanager, then I have th emake a sub-map jar and place the custom.jar file in it as well?

And do you have any idea how to catch this problem with Drafting?

luigimilano
01-13-2004, 11:09 PM
I can't help you, we not use Drafting.

Sorry

Meatman
02-26-2004, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by luigimilano
When all users start OSDModeling configure a variable SDSITECUSTOMIZEDIR=centralized_directory under "SDSITECUSTOMIZEDIR/ModelManager" put your customization file *.xml.

I've tried this tip, but it doesn't seem to work....

When I activate the ModelManager module, then a configuration dialog is shown, where I can enter my license, file and database server.
Then a file license.xml is created in C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\fleischt\Anwendungsdaten\CoCreate\OSD_Modeling\12.00\german\ModelManager and he doesn't care about my customize dir.

What version of ModelManager do u use? I have 12.01.

Bye, Tom

luigimilano
02-26-2004, 04:36 AM
We use the same version of you 12.01

Meatman
02-27-2004, 12:01 AM
Hmmmm... that's strange.

When I get it right, activating ModelManager results in execution of D:\Programme\cocreate\OSD_Modeling_12.1.0.7\modelmanager\runmm.bat

This bat-File doesn't care about SDCORPCUSTOMIZEDIR / SDSITECUSTOMIZEDIR. It only does some checks and than calls java.exe. Also I didn't find any references to SDCORPCUSTOMIZEDIR or SDSITECUSTOMIZEDIR in the java code.

So now I would think that these environment varialbes don't say anything about which .xml-file to load. But you say it works at your place. Really strange.....

Is there a way to see (or even to change) the code that gets executed by OSD when I activate the ModelManager module? Maybe it's not only that runmm.bat, but also some other stuff.

Thank you for your help,
Thomas

luigimilano
02-27-2004, 12:12 AM
Sorry Thomas my knowledge stop here. I can't help you

Thanks

John van Doorn
02-27-2004, 11:20 AM
Hi,

Placing the jar files on a different location requires a change of your runmm.bat file. Because you need to point the classpath variable to your own jar file.

Fortunately, you can set an environment variable to point to a different batch file e.g.
SET modelmanager.start.script=c:/temp/runmm

You can copy the original runnmm.bat file and modify it so it sees your jar file from your server.

This is of course totally unsupported ;-)