PDA

View Full Version : Mouse & Trackball Combinations

cmacbeth
01-07-2004, 10:41 AM
Hi,

In trying to reduce arm/wrist strain, I am trying to alternate between a mouse and trackball for OSD v11.65 input. The input devices are both Logitech. The trackball is a Cordless Optical TrackMan, which is plugged into the USB port. The mouse is a MX700 and it is plugged into the PS/2 port. Each device has programmable buttons, which I have set to the values that I like. Also, I have set the speed and acceleration values to my preferences. My OS is Windows 2000. The mouse/trackball drivers came from Logitech's MouseWare v9.76 CD.

Here's the rub:
The devices work as expected, and interchangeably, in all other Windows applications -- EXCEPT OSD (SolidDesigner). When I switch to OSD, my programmed button values disappear, as do the acceleration / speed values. Both devices will still allow me to select menu picks, etc., but neither is as functional as in other standard Windows applications. Behavior seems to be in a very basic default mode with no speed / acceleration values and only some of the buttons retain their customizations (I have lost the double-click button, for example).

Does anyone have a clue how to work around this? It is VERY frustrating!

Thanks much in advance,

Best regards,

Chris Macbeth

cmacbeth
01-07-2004, 11:38 AM
I found the solution to my earlier post.

Logitech has a utility which allows you to keep the mouse/trackball settings and apply them to CAD. Here are the details:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?countryid=19&languageid=1&page=support/products/document&CRID=1792&contentid=6818&contentid2=5269&showalldocuments=0

- Chris