PDA

View Full Version : Blend Creation

rishimad
12-31-2003, 02:36 AM
Hello all!
I have attached a zipped image file showing a part which needs to be blended.Have tried blend insert and blend create,but doesnt work.
Awaiting suggestions please!
Regards
Rishi

May Kung
12-31-2003, 08:40 AM
I assume you created the other blend surfaces first, then added the stub piece? The general rule of thumb is to create all your surfaces first, then blend at the end. You might have better luck doing all the blends in one shot instead of two steps.

rishimad
01-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Hello May,
ya, I created the other blends first and then tried doing on the stub.So,as per your advise,I tried removing the adjacent blends,but I am not able to remove the lower blend.Please find the image attached (zipped).If I try to "remove" the blend the entire part vanishes except the stub which shows as a cylinder.This happens even when I try to modify the blend.
Secondly,I am not able to remove the stub because I did not give it a new name (so that I cud delete it);I cant even "cut faces" as it says that the "cut is too complex".

So,thats the issue rite now.Eagerly awaiting your valuable suggestion...
Regards and Happy New Year!
Rishi

DesignerFans
01-01-2004, 11:37 PM
You mean like the picture shows?
Diretly to do blend is ok.

Originally posted by rishimad
Hello May,
ya, I created the other blends first and then tried doing on the stub.So,as per your advise,I tried removing the adjacent blends,but I am not able to remove the lower blend.Please find the image attached (zipped).If I try to "remove" the blend the entire part vanishes except the stub which shows as a cylinder.This happens even when I try to modify the blend.
Secondly,I am not able to remove the stub because I did not give it a new name (so that I cud delete it);I cant even "cut faces" as it says that the "cut is too complex".

So,thats the issue rite now.Eagerly awaiting your valuable suggestion...
Regards and Happy New Year!
Rishi