PDA

View Full Version : "geoscan" kind of dimension setting

rishimad
12-12-2003, 08:27 PM
Hello all!
Dont we have a "geoscan"(ME10 Drafting) kind of a functionality in Annotation,which would give dimensions to the entire drawing as given during modeling,maybe by just selecting any view or the sheet?....That would then be followed by just one step of selecting to "keep" or "remove" whatever dimensions we want.

Eagerly waiting for any replies,

regards
rishi

Michael Kahle
12-15-2003, 12:00 AM
You can try the following command

(oli::sd-execute-annotator-command :cmd "DA_DIM_GEO_SENSE SELECT SUBTREE ALL END")

to dimension all elements on the current sheet.
If you feel comfortable about the result, you can also define your own toolbar button with this command.

And you may wan't to add an enhancement request to the forum.

rishimad
12-15-2003, 12:17 AM
Thanks Michael!!

It works pretty well..In fact,that is what i was looking for!
But i am sure this is the kind of functionality evry engineer would want to have in the s/w he/she is working on.I wonder why this hasn't been incorporated?

Anyways..Thanks again!!!
Regards
rishi

rishimad
12-15-2003, 12:22 AM
Thanks Michael!!

It works pretty well..In fact,that is what i was looking for!
But i am sure this is the kind of functionality evry engineer would want to have in the s/w he/she is working on.I wonder why this hasn't been incorporated?

Anyways..Thanks again!!!
Regards
rishi

Michael Kahle
12-15-2003, 12:29 AM
Hi Rishi,

I'm happy to hear, the functionality fits your needs.
But you have to be careful with it, as it adds the dimension to the sheet instead of the views.

It would be better to write a dialog that allows you to select a view and adds the dimensions there.
Or you may even wan't add it to the view update event and process it after the first update ever has happen?

Regards,
Michael

rishimad
12-15-2003, 12:46 AM
Now michael,I am a little confused here.U say it adds dimensions to the sheet and not the views,but i am able to do exactly the same.
I run the command,while one of the options in the dimension menu is on,and then i am prompted to "click first element or corner of box",after which i select a particular view or all the 3 views within a box.And i get all the dimensions!

After all this i only need to delete whatever i dont need or duplicate dimensions.

Thats abt it.It's supposed to work that way right?

regards
rishi