PDA

View Full Version : Help Files

rr79
12-05-2003, 11:48 AM
I would like CoCreate to update their help files. So that they are current with the revision of the software that has been realeased. A lot the files still display the enviroment from version 7 especially in the customization section.

clausb
12-06-2003, 05:14 AM
A lot of the customization files were revised for OSDM 2004 (V12) - did you check the documentation in that version or older versions?

rr79
12-08-2003, 07:25 AM
I am currently going through the documentation that was installed with version 12.01. It appears to me that there are still a lot of pages which have not been updated.

Markus
12-08-2003, 07:50 AM
Can you please be a little more precise? Which documents do you think are outdated? Only the documents which talk about customization under UNIX were not revised. All others should be uptodate.

rr79
12-08-2003, 08:01 AM
Why not update the pictures and icons that are reference in the help files. For example the file \\cocreate\osd_modeling_12.1.0.7\help\english\pesd.ht\user\sdtbaswn.html#UNITERFACE still display a structure list and a drawlist. Not the Unified browser.

The customization files have never seem updated to me and still display the unix environment. When I click on help-->on product-->customizations guide. It still references the unix enviroment instead of the current environment. The menu's are just not the same. In these two versions of the software. I think the help files are really quite out of date.

Wolfgang
12-08-2003, 09:33 AM
Regarding that single picture you pointed to.. you are right it's out of date.

There are 1222 HTML files in the help/english directory. Simple to write "help files are really quite out of date" is a little bit too easy and does not fit the situation IMHO.

rr79
12-08-2003, 09:48 AM
Yes that was a bold blatant statement. The section I mentioned in all of my posts was the customizations guide. It could use an update I think. Please take a look at that section, and not just the one example I posted.

I'm not going to post every example that I come accross, but if the first picture/figure on the first page (figuratively speaking) of the help files is incorrect. I think it's fair to assume that there are a lot more instances.

rr79
12-08-2003, 09:54 AM
Sorry, I don't want to come off ignorant nor offensive. I realize that there are a lot of help files, but for many novice users the help files and pictures are vital to their self education of the software.

I would like to suggest, this is only an enhancement suggestion that the files should be current in all details to the latest major revision of the software.

Please check \\cocreate\OSD_modeling_12.1.0.7\help\english\pesd.ht\custom\intro.html.

clausb
12-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Submitted this as an internal bug report/enhancement request. Thanks for the report!