PDA

View Full Version : "Unsupported Zlib clipboard Format detected"?

rishimad
11-25-2003, 08:44 PM
Hello all,
I need help on an issue.I am trying to copy and paste a .mi drawing into OSDM,and i get an error message which says exactly:

"Unsupported zlib clipboard format detected.
Please refer to the ME10 readme file to change the ME10
clipboard format back to LZW mode."

On reading thru the readme file,i understood that a certain line needs to be added to the me10.ini file which would set the MELZWCLIP value to 1.But that doesn't help either.

I need to know what is this zlib clipboard format and how can i resolve this problem? :confused:

Need help from the experts!!
Thanks!
Rishi
P.S: Am working on OSD 2004,Windows.

GiorgioL
11-26-2003, 03:06 AM
At the end of the file ME10.INI insert two rows:

[ME10 MISC]
MELZWCLIP=1

and restart the ME10 Program.
Now you are able to copy and paste in OSD.

Other solution is add:

-lzwclip

to the paramter when you start ME10 applicazion

(.../run.bat -pelook 2 -lzwclip )

Regards. GiorgioL

rishimad
11-26-2003, 10:35 PM
Thanka Girogio!!
It works perfect!..In fact,before posting the query i had tried the same,but i did not restart ME10.I was trying in the same session,but ur method works perfect.
Could u tell me what is Zlib and LZW mode?Would like to know more about it.
Awaiting a reply,
Thanks
rishi

clausb
11-27-2003, 01:19 AM
"zlib" and "lzw" stand for two different compression algorithms. "lzw" is the older compression algorithm which ME10 originally used to create compressed MI files. I think it was one of the 10.x releases when ME10 added a new compression algorithm (implemented in the so-called zlib library).

Why is this relevant for copy/paste? Because ME10 stores the selected geometry to the clipboard when you use Edit/Copy, and uses a compressed file format when doing so.

The code in OSDM/Annotator, however, which reads ME10 geometry from the clipboard, does not understand the newer zlib compression format (yet), which is why you have to switch ME10 back into LZW mode if you want to use the copy/paste functionality.

Claus

rishimad
11-27-2003, 01:53 AM
Claus,
Thanks for the information!
Rishi