PDA

View Full Version : How to hide parent view of a section view?

Gary L.
11-25-2003, 04:12 AM
Is there a way to hide the parent view of a section view? I suppose you could make everything in the parent view black or a certian color that would not be printed by applying a Pen Transformation when plotting. Are there any other ideas out there? What has worked for you?

May Kung
11-25-2003, 02:04 PM
Sometimes, I want to make a detail view that also happens to be a section.

Normally, I end up making a section view, then making it the parent of the detail, but if I don't want the section view around, I'll turn it into a partial section with a larger scale factor. I then manually rename the new view "Detail A" instead of the default "Partial1."

I know this is not the same as "hiding" a view, but I don't know if that is even possible.

Michael Kahle
12-01-2003, 01:45 AM
To 'hide' a view you can move it to another sheet.
Or you can scale it down.

For further modifications of a detail or section view it is not possible to remove the view completly.

tom kirkman
12-08-2003, 04:41 AM
Have you tried setting all the lines to invisible? Or if you just don't want it to print set it to a non printing color.

Tom

M.Fitzpatrick
03-10-2004, 06:07 AM
The way I hide a view is to remove all parts in the view using manage parts command. This renders the view invisible since no parts are shown in it. It will still be in the view set but not visible on the dwg.
Mark

Wolfgang
03-10-2004, 09:50 AM
@Mark
that's a good idea.. because we don't have all the MI data in the drawing and a "update drawing" does not consume additional time for a 'hidden' view. I assume you delete the section line and the view label in addition to make it completely invisible.

@Gary
sometimes it's also helpful to make a 'side' view and use a breakout over the whole view. But this works only for section lines with one segment. (and of course deleting the breakout-border)

Gary L.
04-20-2005, 07:35 AM
I have come up with another method:

Create your parent view and then the section view. In the migration tools menu use detach view command to detach the parent view from the 3D viewset. Use delete view to remove the parent view from the sheet.

Gary