PDA

View Full Version : Prevent auto-complete of user-input line

dan_canfield
11-14-2003, 01:48 PM
Using Modeling v11.60, whenever I type a value into the user input line (e.g. offset distance for parallel line) the program auto-completes my entry. For example, if I type in .2, it is automatically changed to .25.

Is there any way to disable this feature? I'd prefer to just type in the value without looking to check whether Modeling has added extra digits.

Thanks.

John Scheffel
11-14-2003, 02:02 PM
You can turn this off from the UI Settings.

- Click Edit, Settings, UI Settings.
- In the "User Input Line" tab, uncheck "Auto complete entries in the user input line."

This setting should be persistent when you exit and restart, so you should only have to do it once.

Although this is a feature of many Windows programs and I can understand why CoCreate added it, it can be a real booby trap if people don't realize it's happening. After we upgraded to version 11.6, we received several reports from angry users who had created models which were slightly off because they did not realize extra numbers were being automatically added to what they were typing. We turned this off as the company default so that people have to activate it if they want it. It would probably be a good idea for CoCreate to make the default "off" as well.

Markus
11-16-2003, 10:41 PM
With OSDM 12.0 we switched off auto-complete for numbers. That should solve your issue.
Strings and keywords still do an auto-complete by default which you can switch off using the UI Settings menu.

Markus

John Scheffel
11-17-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Markus
With OSDM 12.0 we switched off auto-complete for numbers
Thanks for letting us know Markus, that sounds like a good solution. I haven't yet tried it in version 12, so did not realize that this behavior had changed.