PDA

View Full Version : Annotation enviroment

engineering
11-14-2003, 12:38 AM
Can i use my enviroment file of ME10 to Annotation .
Can i convert enviroment file from ME10 to Annotation ?
Wich is the enviroment file in Annotation ?
Can i activate the copilot in Annotation ?
I'm using CoCreate Modeling 2002.
Thank you for answers

clausb
11-14-2003, 05:36 AM
You might be able some of your ME10 settings in Annotation; the low-level Annotation code understands ME10 macros. Whether or not that makes sense in your case, however, depends on the settings in question. In most cases, you can simply replace the old ME10 customizations (in ME10 macro language) by Anno-level customizations (LISP). The best resource for this is the Annotation customization manual, which you should probably read.

The main customization file for Annotation is am_customize. Again, read the Anno customization manual for details.

The 2D copilot is not available in Annotation.

Claus

Wolfgang
11-19-2003, 11:52 AM
Hi engineering,
since you seemed to be a ME10 user with some experience, the following things might be useful to know:

in the Annotation/binNT directory there's also a startup file.. if you include your (me10) commands over there.. there might be the chance that the OSDAM UI take over theses settings because during startup a couple of things are inquired from the Annotator itself and then mirrored into the "LISP UI". But! this is not guaranteed.. Give it a try.. step by step!

In addition to am_customize there's also am_plot_customize..

The other way arround might be easier. With the IKIT function (oli::sd-execute-annotator-command :command "SAVE_ENVIRONMENT del_old 'a-file'") you can take over the AM environment into ME10..

Wolfgang