PDA

View Full Version : View line pattern

engineering
11-11-2003, 04:37 AM
In ME10 10.50 (classical mode) the dashed and dot-center lines are very long in the screen .
Can i set the lenght or the scale of the lines in the screen ?
See details enclosed

John Scheffel
11-11-2003, 08:11 AM
I don't know why the line patterns look so long on your screen. I compared your JPG to my screen and the patterns are much shorter on my screen. See the attached GIF for my screen capture. This is from Drafting 11.65 but I don't think it was different when we had ME10 10.50. Maybe related to the graphics hardware or settings?

Look in the online Help for the LINEPATTERN command to see if that helps. It says "You cannot redefine the standard built-in patterns" but you can define your own.

engineering
11-12-2003, 12:20 AM
Thank MR John Scheffel

I look in the online Help for the LINEPATTERN command , but i don't find nothink about scale of linepattern in the screen.
I see your screen (your attach) and the patterns are very good!!
I'd like to have the same configuration of you .

My configuration hardware is:
Graphical card MATROX G400
Screen resolution 1024 x 768 (19")

Bye bye
engineering

John Scheffel
11-12-2003, 08:22 AM
Your hardware and graphics setup doesn't seem unusual. We have lots of people with a similar setup in Agilent and no one has reported this issue. I tried it on an old PC with a Matrox Millenium II and the line patterns look the same as the HP Visualize x550 that is my primary PC (used for the screen capture I posted). Both of these PCs are set to 1280x1024, but that shouldn't make too much difference.

I searched the CoCreate Knowledge Gate but didn't find anything except a reference that indicates user defined LINEPATTERNs are not supported until version 11, so my suggestion above would not help in 10.50.

If you have access to CoCreate support I would recommend that you contact them, maybe they can determine why the patterns are so long on your screen. Although some CoCreate people follow this forum and answer questions, there is no guarantee you wil get an answer here. If you go through support they must investigate and respond.