PDA

View Full Version : Thumbnail to WM

gmatelich
11-07-2003, 08:17 AM
I'm very happy to have thumbnails created on save from Modeling to WorkManager. I'm very frustrated though that it does a screen grab of all parts in the current viewport. I would expect it to "draw only" and "fit" (fit close so it fills the viewport more than a standard fit) the part or assembly being saved, in it's own viewport, then create the thumbnail.

I can't find any help on customization. Is this feature called something else?

dszostak
11-08-2003, 11:32 AM
The thumbnail action as you have stated it is a part of Designer Modeling & Model Manager 2004 (September's v12 Release). In addition to creating thumbnails on-demand, there is a recursive function which can be selected to automatically take thumbnails of each and every item below an assembly. Lastly, when saving models in MM 2004 there is a user preference to create thumbnails automatically of all modified assemblies or parts (with Draw Only and Fit - of course).
DDM is a supported CoCreate product but future enhancements to CoCreate's data management are being invested into Model Manager (Designer Modeling) and Drawing Manager (Designer Drafting).

For more information go to the Designer Modeling 2004 landing page (http://www.cocreate.com/designer).
If there any questions, please send me an email:david_szostak@cocreate.com

Izio
01-08-2004, 02:09 AM
Hi all
I used DM again, up to now for us is not possible to migrate to MM, but we need to know how we can do it, also now we'd like to see in DM the thumbnail that store comand create. there is some info about how to see this thumbnail ?

How we can create thumbnail for an assembly in recursive mode ???

dszostak
01-08-2004, 06:52 AM
Hello Izio:

Other then a recursive thumbnail action, an improved feature in MM, not DDM, help me understand why you cannot migrate to MM so CoCreate can improve the migration process for DDM customers to move over to MM.
Examples that I am talking about are: Upgrading you database to Oracle 9i, Transferring customer specific DDM customizations to MM, etc..
CoCreate needs to hear these migration issues and understand them as best as possible - repeatedly if needed. We do have field consultants and partners, but CoCreate’s responsibility is to provide everyone, especially our customers with the best possible transition path to the latest versions of our software.

tom kirkman
01-08-2004, 07:29 AM
The question comes down to cost. If they are so compatable, why is it $40,000 or more to migrate?

Steve
01-08-2004, 12:49 PM
Exactly.

Steve