PDA

View Full Version : 2 queries-adding section lines and leader notes

rishimad
10-26-2003, 09:10 PM
Hello all!!
2 more queries please......

How to Add Section lines?Can it be done from the Ref Lines menu?

How to add "Leader Notes",i.e,add Text and leader lines in one operation?

Thanks a lot!!!

Rishi

John Scheffel
10-27-2003, 12:34 PM
As far as I know, Drafting still does not include any standard method for easy creation of section lines, you have to draw them like any other geometry. Annotation does create section lines automatically when you create a section view.

Drafting does include Reference Lines (under the Text menu), which are similar to leader lines but must be attached to geometry and text. However you must create the text independently. It also has a LEADER_LINE command, which I've never found a way to access from the standard UI so you must enter it on the command line (or add menu buttons for it). It is similar to reference lines but does not require attachment to geometry. See the Help for more info.

You might find the attached macro file of interest. It contains two functions which go way back in the HP customizations for ME10. I don't know who wrote them so cannot give them credit, but they are not mine (even though I have tweaked them a bit). I think they are over 10 years old. INPUT the file then run these two macro names from the command line to try them.

Atms_toolbar_section_line - opens a toolbar which can be used to create section lines.

Atms_hor_leader - create a typical leader with a horizontal bar next to the text.

rishimad
10-27-2003, 07:43 PM
Thank you John,

Appreciate it a lot

Regards
Rishi

bfisher
10-28-2003, 08:05 AM
Rishi,

Attached is a file with three macros that create a note with a leader line attached. The macros create one, two, and three line text strings, prompting the user for each line then re-displaying the line for review/edit before creating the note. This may give you an idea for creating something more custom to your situation. Good Luck.

Bruce