PDA

View Full Version : Occassional unwanted undeletable lines

gmatelich
10-03-2003, 03:25 PM
Occassionally we'll have unwanted undeletable lines and X's appear in our drawings. The lines and X's are always cyan. The lines are infinite, like construction lines, but aren't construction lines.

Often once they start appearing, they start appearing in other drawings, so we need to shut down ME10 and restart so they don't keep appearing in more drawings.

Does anyone know what these are, where they come from, how to get rid of them?

May Kung
10-04-2003, 09:33 AM
I do not use ME10, but I had a possibly related issue in Annotation a while ago. We had red infinite construction lines on some drawings, usually something like dozens in a cluster.

When printing the drawing, it would take so long to send to the spooler the job would time out. The file size, when checked, would be 10 to 20 times the "normal" size of a MI file.

If another drawing was loaded into the session (without actually using the Delete Drawing command first), the lines would "infect" the second drawing, if it was saved.

Apparently, the construction lines get embedded in a structure that is unique to the Annotation MI structure and not the ME10 MI structure. We could fix drawings by saving out each sheet in Sheet format, then reknitting them together into a clean Annotation drawing.

Do these lines get embedded in your files after saving (and show up ever after), or does it only appear in a problem session?

bfisher
10-06-2003, 09:43 AM
I've seen the same thing on occasion, and every time it happens it is accompanied by increasingly strange behavior of the program, like commands not working. If I save and exit as soon as the bogus geometry appears, the file seems to be okay and those entities go away. I believe that somehow the program itself gets corrupted.

FYI, this has occured on PC's running NT 4.0 SP6 with ME-10 rev 10.50.

gmatelich
10-06-2003, 02:01 PM
we've had this problem for years, HP-UX and Win2000.

we also have the problem similar to what you describe, May, as we've begun transitioning to Annotator, but this is usually limited to cyan infinite lines and points in ME10.