PDA

View Full Version : Change diameter of circle

Lim Chee Beng
09-29-2003, 03:46 PM
Is there a command in ME10 to change diameter of circle, like what we can use CHANGE_LINESIZE to change line width?

bfisher
09-30-2003, 10:30 AM
Lim,

There is no standard command that I know of, but here is a macro that will do what you want. Be careful, because it will work on parts as well without them being active which can cause problems if you are using shared parts. Good Luck,

Bruce

DEFINE Chng_dia
LOCAL P1
LOCAL P2
LOCAL Old_dia
LOCAL New_dia
LOOP
READ PNT 'Select a diameter to modify' P1
INQ_ELEM P1
EXIT_IF (INQ 403=
CIRCLE)
EXIT_IF (INQ 403=
ARC)
EXIT_IF (INQ 403=
FILLET)
BEEP
END_LOOP
READ 'Enter the diameter to change to ...' New_dia
LET P2 (INQ 101)
LET Old_dia (INQ 3)
LET Old_dia (Old_dia*2)
MODIFY DEL_OLD SCALE CENTER P2 (New_dia/Old_dia) P1
END_DEFINE

Lim Chee Beng
09-30-2003, 07:09 PM
Yes, that's the idea I'm looking for. Thanks a lot. As what I know, SolidDesigner has the similar capability in 3D model. Just wonder why CoCreate does not add the frequently needed task as a standard command.

bfisher
10-01-2003, 06:50 AM
I agree. It should be a standard command in the "Modify" section, but that would generate another round of debate about radius vs diameter. Probably it's just easier to add it to your customization.

John Scheffel
10-01-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by bfisher
I agree. It should be a standard command in the "Modify" section, but that would generate another round of debate about radius vs diameter. Probably it's just easier to add it to your customization.
Except that there is no standard command or menu button to modify the radius of a circle either. HP developed a lot of custom macros for ME10, including a Modify_radius macro which has a date of 1987 on it! So 16 years and many revisions later, this feature still hasn't been added to the standard code.