PDA

View Full Version : Layers & Parts

bfisher
08-20-2003, 03:59 AM
Hi All,
Occasionally (on dark days) I have to deal with ACAD drawings that use layers rather than parts. I remember seeing a macro somewhere that would automatically convert layers to parts and it would be most handy. If someone has such program I would be most grateful if you would share it.

Michel Gendron
08-20-2003, 05:47 AM
Hi,
Do you know that part in Drafting are converted in Block in Autocad, and vice versa... That way you don't have to play. I don't know if you can apply this in your case. So I hope that help.

Michel

bfisher
08-21-2003, 08:51 AM
Thanks Michel. I was aware that the translator did that for Me10 to Acad, but I'm more interested in formatting the incoming Acad drawings to the more familiar part structure of ME-10. I'll probably just write something that will turn on the layers one by one and gather all the elements in that layer to a part with the same name. I'll try to remember to post the code when I'm done.

Bruce

Mike "the Rat"
08-25-2003, 08:59 AM
Try this macro, Parts_to_Layer.
This will take all Parts and create a Layer based upon the name of the Part and then place Parts on onto there own layer.

Saves .dwg to C:\TEMP

Warm regards,
Mike "the Rat":D

bfisher
08-25-2003, 12:25 PM
Thanks Mike, that's just what I was looking for. It will be easily adapted to what I need. What I didn't mention in my original post is that I'm hoping to make better use of layers for the shop guys using Mastercam. Mastercam allows them to "mask" off layers which sometimes speeds the programming process.

Bruce

Michel Gendron
08-26-2003, 07:05 AM
Hi Bruce,
did you modify the macro to convert layer to part? Can you post a copy of it? I know someone who searching for that one. ( He just ask me this yesterday!)

Thanks

bfisher
08-26-2003, 07:10 AM
Michel,

I'm working on it, but had to stop for awhile to do some "real" work. I'll post it when finished, but can't say when.

Bruce