PDA

View Full Version : remaining and removed parts in views

marcvonams
08-14-2003, 06:00 AM
I am working with a package file of a few hundred parts organized into a bunch of sub-assemblies which in turn fall under 6 assemblies. These 6 are organized under my top assembly, "top".

Let's move over to Annotator. When I am doing a layout drawing of all the parts in my assembly, my viewset is owned by "top". I manage the contents using the view menu, so many parts are "removed" from the annotator view, so they are not calculated. The result is my structure browser contains a long list of removed and remaining parts. This is cumbersome to navigate.

My question is how to consolidate these remaining and removed parts in my browser. I would like to either "hide" or put all these into an assembly or container. Neither option works right now. All I'm looking for is a way to easily get to my "real parts". Once I remove parts from a view the remaining and removed info in the browser doesn't help me.

Sinan
08-18-2003, 03:43 PM
Hi,

this can be achieved by LISP programming.
Check the Integration Kit - Annotation section :

(sd-am-inq-view VIEW)

This function returns a complete structure with contents of a view.
If you are familiar with LISP programming, you could write a Dialog which compares the owner assembly with the view contents and re-locates the parts which are not selected.

Sinan

http://www.solidgenius.com

clausb
08-19-2003, 06:03 AM
If you don't need the "remaining" and "removed" part groups, simply delete them. Manage Parts of Annotation in general doesn't need them - they are only there for your convenience (simple selection of a whole group of parts which have been removed or which remain in the assembly).

Claus

marcvonams
08-19-2003, 06:24 AM
:confused: Thanks for the tips, Gentlemen,

I've tried deleting in my structure browser in OSD using the erase 3D command and also by highlighting the removed and remained in the structure browser, and with the delete key on my keyboard. Can you offer further help?

clausb
08-19-2003, 06:47 AM
Part groups are features and can be deleted using Remove Feature in the Feature menu.

Claus

marcvonams
08-19-2003, 11:25 AM
I was new to using features but quickly figured out what you were talking about. This worked great. Thank you, Claus

Gary L.
11-25-2003, 03:57 AM
In Manage Parts I want the Expand checked and the Removed and Remaining unckecked by default. What command do I need to add to my startup to accomplish this?

Wolfgang
12-07-2003, 12:10 PM
Hi Gary,
adjust your command you are using.. ( I assume the icon-based UI!)
look for Manage part command.
current action is:
(UI:UIC-AM-ACTION "manage_parts :THIS_VIEW")
try:
(UI:UIC-AM-ACTION "manage_parts
:EXPAND_DIALOG :ON
:REMOVED_PARTS_FEATURE: OFF
:REMAINING_PARTS_FEATURE :OFF
:THIS_VIEW")
Sorry, I can not test it here and now.. hope it's ok..

tom kirkman
12-08-2003, 04:37 AM
Another option is to just turn off the display of features in the browser bar. Do this by right clicking on any blank area in the browser window. (see attached file)

Tom

Gary L.
12-10-2003, 06:46 AM
I changed the command to:

(UI::UIC-AM-ACTION
"am_view_modify_comp
:EXPAND_DIALOG :ON
:REMOVED_PARTS_FEATURE :OFF
:REMAINING_PARTS_FEATURE :OFF
:THIS_VIEW")

Now the expand is checked, but the REMOVED and REMAINING is still unchecked?

Anyone have any suggestions?

clausb
12-10-2003, 06:51 AM
Hmmm.... your code explicitly says something like ":REMOVED_PARTS_FEATURE :OFF", so wouldn't you expect the option to be unchecked?

Claus (confused)