PDA

View Full Version : Arrange sheets error....

E-Buckner
07-31-2003, 12:31 PM
We've got a problem that some of you may have experienced...

We have, sometimes, a frame issue that after using the "arrange sheets" command (from the toolbox) the frames on our anno sheets move, sometimes quite a distance, away from our views.

Any help or insight would be appreciated. I currently have a bdl that has the error and it's infinately repeatable so I will be submitting the problem to cocreate...

Thanks,

Eric Buckner

John Scheffel
08-01-2003, 01:07 PM
Since the Arrange Sheets goody is unsupported I don't know if you will get any help from CoCreate. I have never seen this problem, but it might be related to the positioning in your frame files. We setup our frames in ME10 with the lower left corner at 0,0 and set the Top part reference point to 0,0 as well. As far as I know we've never had this problem with our frames.

Jfallert
09-25-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by E-Buckner
We've got a problem that some of you may have experienced...

We have, sometimes, a frame issue that after using the "arrange sheets" command (from the toolbox) the frames on our anno sheets move, sometimes quite a distance, away from our views.

Any help or insight would be appreciated. I currently have a bdl that has the error and it's infinately repeatable so I will be submitting the problem to cocreate...

Thanks,

Eric Buckner

We've notice the same problem here... The views might jump outside the frame after saving (you mentioned the frames jumping). The company has the Arrange Sheets command set up so that it automatically executes when you save a drawing, so that the sheets won't overlap in ME10.

The problem is... it doesn't always happen, and we're having a hard time isolating the cause. We were wondering if these drawings might have been created in AM and then edited at some time in ME10, but we don't have a way to test the theory. The problem almost seems random, but we figured it might have something to do with Arrange Sheets.

One really odd thing we noticed, on the drawings that do this AFTER Arrange Sheets is used... if you bring them into ME10 before using Arrange sheets. The don't completely overlap (for example, one of the sheets might be a bit up and to the left), that isn't supposed to happen in ME10.

I'd be interested in knowing if the same thing happens on one of your problem drawings when you don't use Arrange Sheets.

Jeff