PDA

View Full Version : Changing Up and Front Direction in View

Bob Zajeski
07-01-2003, 08:36 AM
Is there any way to change the up and front direction of a view set? I'm importing ME10 files into Annotator and sometimes I have to add views to a view set. I know I can start off fresh by creating a new view set...but I'd like to shortcut the process. Thanks!

May Kung
07-01-2003, 09:59 AM
I don't think it's possible, but if it is, I'd certainly like to know, too. It'd be of immense help when attaching old drawings to new solid models.

Jim McKim
07-01-2003, 02:53 PM
The answer I got on this from CoCreate Support is, "No." Actually, it was, "If I were a software developer (and perhaps this is the reason with
ours) I believe that a good case for that feature to NOT be allowed, would
be due to the intricacies and subtle differences of the many designs that
could be shown in Annotation. If that WAS an option, then, a view may be
changed without the other corresponding views being changed and updated.
There could be some very costly mistakes made if that were the case. "

Bob Zajeski
07-01-2003, 04:39 PM
I would assume that all the corresponding views would change also otherwise you could just rotate the view.

Jfallert
07-02-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Bob Zajeski
I would assume that all the corresponding views would change also otherwise you could just rotate the view.

It would be nice though if viewsets worked a bit more like workplanes... okay, you couldn't reposition an OSD view without messing with the annotation view that's associated with it... but how about being able to copy the OSD view and (as part of the copy function) postition the copy?

Jeff

JLang17
04-15-2015, 12:36 PM
I'm guessing the answer to the original question is still "no" with Creo Elements/Direct Modeling 17.0?
In Annotation, when using the "attach drawing to variant" feature, it is extremely frustrating when the views switch front/up directions. It makes the attach to variant feature essentially useless. On that note, I haven't been able to figure out why the directions sometimes change in the new drawing.