PDA

View Full Version : Assembly Load Options...

Steve
06-25-2003, 01:46 PM
Hi All!

I have a question concerning assembly load options out of Work Manager. When I go to load an assembly, I am provided with 4 load options:

Standard Load
Last Stored
Last Stored: Document Owner
Highest Version if assembly not released

Can anyone tell me if these are "out of the box" load options, or are these something custom that have been set up for us?

I have determined, by experimentation, that the "Standard Load" loads the assembly with all the versions of the components as they were when the assembly was last saved into Work Manager.

Likewise, I have determined that Last Stored loads the assembly with the latest version of all the components.

Can anyone tell me what the other two options do?

Also, is there a way to make the assembly load with the latest RELEASED versions of all components? In other words, I may want to load an assembly with the latest version of all components, but not any components that someone is currently working on.

Thanks!

Steve

May Kung
06-25-2003, 03:55 PM
Our setup (using WM 5.1) has three load options:

Standard Load
Highest Rev/Ver
Highest Rev/Ver Released

Standard Load is as you described it.
Highest Rev/Ver takes the highest available rev/ver of each component in the assembly.
Highest Rev/Ver Released takes the highest available released rev/ver of each component in the assembly.

I know that our setup is highly-customized, but AFAIK, most of the customizations were done at the backend with some at the front-end. I do not think we tinkered with the Load rules.

dszostak
08-26-2003, 02:33 PM
In Model Manager, v11.xx and September's release of v12, there are three out-of-the-box load rules:
- As Stored
- Highest Versions
- Highest Released Versions
If you would like to see a screenshot, click here (http://www.cocreate.com/screenshots/model_manager_screens.cfm)