PDA

View Full Version : jumping zooms & pans

Jim McKim
06-25-2003, 01:42 PM
Anybody else have problems with Annotation "jumping" (for lack of a better description) when initiating a zoom or pan function using Ctrl+LMB and Ctrl+RMB? The view in the window changes suddenly just as you start the zoom or pan, requiring you to do some major mouse movement when all you wanted to do was a small adjustment. I can't seem to recreate the problem when I try, so I don't know what the conditions are under which it occurs.
v11.6x on Win2000, but saw it on older rev and on WinNT4.

gmatelich
06-25-2003, 05:34 PM
we are having the problem too.

do you have Dell computer? I understand Dell's are known to have this irritating quirk.

Jim McKim
06-26-2003, 07:52 AM
Yup!

Steve
07-01-2003, 02:01 PM
I see it too, now that we upgraded to 11.60C.

I have an HP Kayak - at least that is what the case says.

Steve

rr79
07-24-2003, 01:33 PM
I have the same problem and I also have a Dell

Steve
07-31-2003, 10:15 AM
I may have a possible fix. On the advice of CoCreate, I checked the version of my graphics driver for my Nvidia Quadro card. I was running almost the latest version of the driver. But the version that was certified for use with CoCreate was much older.

So I "downgraded" my graphics driver to the CoCreate certified version and now it seems, from limited testing, that the hop, skip, and jump behavior has ended.

Steve

clausb
08-19-2003, 12:36 PM
Could everybody please shortly state their graphics configuration (graphics card, driver version)? HW configuration data will hopefully help us narrow down the problem and/or exclude certain potential causes.

Thanks,

Claus

Steve
08-21-2003, 08:41 AM
Turns out my "fix" wasn't - I was still having the problems even after downgrading my driver to the latest version supported by CoCreate.

Also, I just got a new graphics card put in my machine, an ATI Radeon 9000, driver version 6.13.10.6200 (also a later version that what CoCreate is currently supporting, but I can't find the older version of the driver) and I'm still getting the hop, skip, and jump behavior in Annotation.

Steve

braclark
09-25-2003, 05:44 AM
I just upgraded from an old outdated unix version to windows, and this has always happened to me. For as long as I can remember, it has been happening on Unix, and it still happens in windows. Yes, it is tough to recreate. It only happens when you don't want it to.

braclark
10-27-2003, 12:54 PM
I just came up with a way to recreate this, and I'm having some luck.

First here is my guess at what happens:
When you are clicking to zoom/pan/rotate and the mouse is moving in one direction when you click, but then you quickly move in the opposite direction, the computer gets messed up and uses the previous anchor point that you used to zoom/pan/rotate.

And this is what I did to try and recreate it:
I had a drawing frame on the screen and zoomed out so that it was about 1/2 of the screen. Then I would move the mouse from one corner of the frame, move to the opposite corner and click on it (with ctl held down) and move back to the starting point (a quick diagonal sweep). I would repeat this using a different corner every time (I went clockwise). Every once in a while, it would skip and I would find that the pan anchor point wasn’t where I selected, but it was actually the previous panning anchor point. So instead of panning with the mouse attached to the top right corner where I clicked, it would be attached to the top left.

I’m guessing that the times that it doesn’t occur are when I don’t quite time my clicks correctly before I change direction.

I don’t think I described it too well, but then again that’s why I’m an engineer, because my English isn’t too good (or is that well). If anyone has any questions, I’ll be happy to try and explain it again (although you might be more confused after reading two of my explanations).

braclark
04-27-2004, 05:17 AM
Does anyone know if they've fixed this yet? I have confirmed that when it jumps, it's because something messes up and it uses your previous grab point instead of the current one. Can this be fixed?

Right now, I'm using 12.01. We don't update too often, so I don't want to bother my admin to do it unless it's worth it.