PDA

View Full Version : modify section line setting

rr79
06-17-2003, 02:28 PM
Is there a way to modify the sectinon line settings with in annotation?

I realize you can set the defaults in config-section, but I'd like to be able to manipulate the section line, text and arrow symbols after creating the section line??

Jim McKim
06-18-2003, 03:04 PM
To my knowledge, there is not. I submitted a request to Support a long time ago about this, and I have not received any notice of implementaton of any change. I encourage you to send another request to Support.

gmatelich
06-20-2003, 09:50 AM
Using the new icon based user interface (turn on the Annotation Main Tasks toolbar), click the View button (the second button), pick the Contents sub-menu, and pick either Section Line Modify, or Section Arrows.

I think this is what you are after.

rr79
06-20-2003, 09:57 AM
What version of OSDM are you using?

Jim McKim
06-20-2003, 10:02 AM
Greg:
I think rr79 is after changing the attributes of the section line elements, like all the things you can control in the config-section command, not the positional things you can control from the menu. The choices with Annotation Main Tasks are no different than those in the Main Task Bar - just the interface is different.

rr79
06-20-2003, 10:05 AM
Jim is correct. I'm looking to change the attributes of arrow size and section line segment size, color, etc. Not the position.

I did submit a request with the support department, about this.

gmatelich
06-25-2003, 09:06 AM
The funny thing is, I was frustrated by that too, but didn't have enough old drawings to worry much about it. The other day, I modified a section line by splitting it and adding an offset to the section line, and when it redrew it the arrows and text now matched my default setting.

I've only tried it the one time, and it's the long way around, but maybe it's an interim fix . . .

rr79
07-25-2003, 08:31 AM
How did you split the section line?

gmatelich
07-26-2003, 02:00 PM
Using the icon based UI,
View - Contents - Section Line Modify - (pick section line) - Edit - Split