PDA

View Full Version : horizantal coordinate dimensions

nan battaglia
06-11-2003, 03:21 PM
Has anyone else noticed that when you are applying horizantal coordinate dimensions that the orientation of the dimensions are horizantal to the surface instead of vertical. I have tried several different ways to get the dimension orientation to be vertical. The only way I have found is to go to modify dim > change com text and change the orientation to vertical.
Does anyone have a fix for this?
Thanks

May Kung
06-12-2003, 10:30 AM
I set orientation to Perpendicular. For some reason, when I do this to the Default, it doesn't affect the horizontal dimensions. If I go back to already created dimensions, however, and select all dims in a view (or sheet or drawing), then switch them all to Perpendicular, it works. Weird.

Usually, I do all my horizontal and vertical coordinate dimensions, flip them to Perpendicular in one shot, then go put in the radial and diametral dimensions. If I create the radial/diametral dims before switching to Perpendicular, it flips them, too (which isn't what I want).

Lim Chee Beng
07-24-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by nan battaglia
Has anyone else noticed that when you are applying horizantal coordinate dimensions that the orientation of the dimensions are horizantal to the surface instead of vertical. I have tried several different ways to get the dimension orientation to be vertical. The only way I have found is to go to modify dim > change com text and change the orientation to vertical.
Does anyone have a fix for this?
Thanks
Yes, we're here sseing the same problem when use version 11.60C, I got the feedback from colleagues saying it was able to draw vertical in version 9.1.5.2. Found also Dim Common Orientation has no effect at all to coordinates dimension text. Is there any other variable settings able to change the dim text orientation?

Thom Ivancso
07-25-2003, 05:53 AM
If you create and use a company am_dim.dms file that holds all your dimension standard settings you can add the following line to it.

DOCU::COORD-TYPE :NO_STANDARD

This command set the coordinate dimensions standard up in a way that the horizontal dimension text is vertical (inline to the dimension line). The only draw back is that it does not create the 0.000 dimension automatically as with setting it to :ANSI, but I have taught the users here an easy work around for that is to start the coordinate dimensioning first by picking the opposite 0.000 point then (top left corner of a block) and then pick the the opposite inline point to the first point (bottom left corner of a block) this creates a 0.000 dimension and then start picking the other points along the horizontal to place the dimensions.

Cheers
Thom

John Scheffel
07-29-2003, 04:14 PM
The orientation of the dimension text varies with the standard you set (ANSI, ISO, JIS, DIN). I believe in ANSI dimension text is always horizontal. As Thom indicated you can create a custom standard file (that's sort of an oxymoron) and modify the dimension appearance any way you like. But if your drawings are supposed to conform to one of the standards listed above you should check the printed standard to insure the changes you make are allowed. If the dimension appearance you get after selecting one of these standards does not conform to the printed standard, then you should report it to CoCreate since they define the dimension settings used when you select one of those standards.

You can view the current standard setting and change it from Dimension/Settings/Global. If it is not set by the startup process, it says "Default". I'm not sure what the Default is, but if your company is using one of the standards listed above you should set it in your am_customize file using a command such as:

(am_dim_set_style :dim_name "ANSI" :get_all)

You can replace ANSI with ISO, JIS, or DIN.

gmatelich
08-28-2003, 08:05 AM
I tried (am_dim_set_style :dim_name "ANSI" :get_all), but got the error "There is no dim style named ANSI." Is there somewhere I should be loading that definitiion from?

OSD 11.65

Gary Brauch
08-28-2003, 08:27 AM
Greg,
Give this a try:

(AM_DIM_SET_STYLE :dim_name "ANSI")

Gary.

gmatelich
08-28-2003, 09:55 AM
same error

Gary Brauch
08-28-2003, 10:36 AM
Greg,
If you go to "Dimension > Global (under stettings) > Standard", this should bring up the "Dimension standards" menu where you can choose the standard you want.
Do you have ansi in here, or have you removed it?
Gary.

gmatelich
11-11-2003, 08:25 AM
I don't think I've intentionally deleted it. I do have the following lines in my am_customize file in our site customize directory:

(am_load_dim_table "Y:/GROUPS/Med/SDSiteCustomizeDir/Annotation/Zetec.dms")
(AM_DIM_SET_STYLE :dim_name '"Zetec")

Thom Ivancso
11-11-2003, 09:14 AM
Hello Greg,

What you might want to try is this to see if it works for you.

(am_load_dim_table (format nil "Y:/GROUPS/Med/SDSiteCustomizeDir/Annotation/Zetec.dms") :if-does-not-exist nil)

and

(AM_DIM_SET_STYLE :dim_name ': DIM_NAME '"Zetec" :get_from_table : on)

I know it works here just fine on both HP-UX and Windows OSDM 11.65.

NOTE: I added spaces after the two : so as to not get the smiles to show, Please remove them when you type in the lines.

gmatelich
11-11-2003, 02:51 PM
I don't think I've intentionally deleted it. I do have the following lines in my am_customize file in our site customize directory:

(am_load_dim_table "Y:/GROUPS/Med/SDSiteCustomizeDir/Annotation/Zetec.dms")
(AM_DIM_SET_STYLE :dim_name '"Zetec")