PDA

View Full Version : coordinate dimensioning

nan battaglia
06-10-2003, 02:34 PM
I've got a large drawing dimensioned with coordinate dimensions. I need to add 2 holes. Right now I add the new dimensions and overlay the new '0' datums over the location of the old ones to keep the dimensions associative, but when I update the views at a later time the '0' datums don't line up, I have to realign them or I re-dimension the drawing. Does anyone know of a way to add new coordinate dimensions and keep them associative to the old datums?
Thanks.

tom kirkman
06-11-2003, 04:42 AM
Use "Put Dim In" instead of "Coord Dim". Pick on an existing dimension to establish which group to add the new dimension to. Then Pick the geometry you want dimensioned.

Good Luck

Tom

nan battaglia
06-11-2003, 07:39 AM
Thank you Tom
The 'Put Dim In' works, it's just what I was looking for.
Thanks again

May Kung
06-19-2003, 03:26 PM
Tom, I didn't know about that command. You've made many people here at my workplace happy. :)

Is there a benefit to using the Take Dim Out command instead of just the regular Delete command? The only difference I could tell was the dimension cannot be undeleted when using the Take Dim Out command.

tom kirkman
06-20-2003, 04:41 AM
The take dimension out primarily benefits removing a chained dimension. This allows the previous dimension in the chain to expand to take the place of the removed dimension.

for coordinate dimension, it really has no benefit.

Thanks

Tom