PDA

View Full Version : Area Migrate

Fred RINCE
05-27-2003, 11:31 PM
Hello EveryBody,

Lot of works at this time !!!! We make a migration from WorkManager 4.04/ALLBASE (UNIX), to WorkManager 11.61/Oracle (Windows). Data are OK. My problem is: How to migrate files included in area from UNIX to Windows. If i make a single copy of area, the system tells me that file is inconsistent (i suppose, it can not read the file in correct format, cause cpio or another compress command). I have a workaround, but it will be very so long !

Thank you for your help

marco
06-11-2003, 11:08 PM
I am sorry to put a question and not an answer. Our company this year will face a lot of Allbase/Oracle migrations, mainly from Unix to unix.

It was an hard work for you? What was your approach? What about different data types?

Thank you

Fred RINCE
06-20-2003, 04:05 AM
Hello marco,

Sorry for the delay of reply. In fact, it's not too hard to make migration. It's difficult only if it's from a very old version to current version. For example, from 4.0 to 11.61. Because schema is different. In other way, it's possible to use simple migration program (start workmgr -a and follow migration menu)
We have developped a workaround to avoid problems with db files. So, now no more problems....

Steve
06-25-2003, 02:05 PM
It looks like the Allbase-to-Something migration is going to be an issue for everyone fairly soon. My understanding is that CoCreate is positioning Model Manager to become the PDM front-end of choice, and Model Manager running on top of Allbase is only going to be a supported configuration for another 9 months or so. I'm fuzzy on how long the Work Manager/Allbase combo is going to continue to be supported, but my guess is that with things going Model Manager you would be wise to move off of Work Manager.

For those of you that have successfully migrated, what sort of dollar cost would you assign to the adventure?

Steve

dszostak
09-11-2003, 08:02 AM
In the September release of Designer Modeling 2004 (v12), the integrated Model Manager (which connects to a OneSpace Manager 2004 Server) uses Oracle 9i as its database engine - Allbase is no longer supported. The move to 9i was based on Oracle's discontinued support for 8i by the end of the year.

On October 9th there will be a press release for the 2004 CoCreate products.

And if you didn't know, Designer Drafting 2004 has its integrated data management tool - Drawing Manager. Don't mean to always talk about 3D and then forget to mention 2D.

To learn more about Designer Drafting click here. (http://www.cocreate.com/products.cfm?ProdFamilyID=2&ProductID=16)
To learn more about Designer Modeling click here. (http://www.cocreate.com/products.cfm?ProdFamilyID=3&ProductID=20)