PDA

View Full Version : Start SD in a predefined directory

hgn98009
05-26-2003, 02:05 AM
I want to make sure that SD starts in a certain directory. I tried putting (sd-set-current-working-directory (getenv "ME_WORKING_DIR")) in my pesd_customize.lsp but with no success. %ME_WORKING_DIR% is set and the command works after SD has started.

The platform is PC and the version is 11.60.3.0.

Any ideas?

Hans-Göran Gustavsson

clausb
05-26-2003, 05:17 AM
See the customization documentation at
help\Common\documentation\integration_kit\reference\file_manager.htm on advice on how to solve this problem (look for "ignore-previous-startup-directory").

Claus

hgn98009
05-26-2003, 05:35 AM
Works like a charm. I thought that I had looked in the documentation but there it is.

Thanks a lot.

Hans-Göran

PS Maybe there could be better search facilities in the documentation. DS

John Scheffel
05-27-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by hgn98009
PS Maybe there could be better search facilities in the documentation. DS
Version 11.6 does include searchable help, but you must install the Personal Collaboration add-on for it to work. After installing this add on, Modeling is started with a Java wrapper which allows Personal Collaboration, Model Manager, and the searchable Help to work. Unfortunately the Java based help is kind of slow. It will also make startup a little slower.

Another option is to just use the Windows 2000 Search feature (called Find under NT) to search for files containing a text string. Just right click on the "help" folder directly under the Modeling installation folder and select Search... Leave the "Search for files and folders named:" field blank, then enter the string you are searching for in the "Containing text:" field. Although you can use wildcards in the "named" field (such as *.htm*), they don't work in the "text" field.