PDA

View Full Version : Section Lines Moving During Update

Gary L.
05-16-2003, 10:28 AM
I have experienced this twice in the past two day. I have a drawing in Annotation with views containing section lines. I moved the 3D model (assembly) in space and now if I update the drawing the section lines in the views shift position and the section views update based on the new position of the section line. Anyone else have this problem? Can it be avoided? I am using OSDM 11.5.

jkramer
05-18-2003, 10:26 PM
Hi,

How did you move the assembly? If you move an assembly by selecting all parts and moving these, you change the whole assembly instead of moving it. The result may look the same, but the assy also will have moved on all other places it may be.
And if you moved it like this, a section view might easily move, as well, because the View Set is still on it's "old" place.

Same kind of problem occurs when you move 1 part by doing a "Move 3D" on all of it's faces.
There's even a CoCreate goodie to get around these problems: "Stretch by box".

Just a guess... so maybe I guessed wrong.

Regards,
Jaap

Gary L.
05-19-2003, 03:59 AM
Thanks for you insights jkramer. My situation had a top-level assembly which owened the drawing and a lower level assembly that owened all the models. I had just moved the lower level assembly, which caused my problem. I moved the top-level assembly and my sectionviews remained in place. Thanks