PDA

View Full Version : text refs in Desktop

MikeBoswell
05-07-2003, 09:48 AM
This is backwards from what the manual says, I think, but I would like the title block info to migrate into Desktop when we save 2d.
ie. name, revision, format size, desc 1, desc 2, ect.

we are running 11.6b annotation.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

ChrisE
05-12-2003, 06:49 AM
What do you mean by "migrate" ?

Where does the titleblock information come from ? It's normally retrieved from WorkManager, and never modified inside Annotation. So there is no need to store the information back into the database.

MikeBoswell
05-13-2003, 05:49 AM
we are implementing desktop/workmanager currently.

we have been using SD/annotation with out a pdm.

In the past we've text ref in the title block for drawing number only. The number comes from the viewsets parent.

I dont know how Desktop was designed to be used. That is probably my biggest problem. I inherited the implementation.

Would you explain further the 'title block from workmanager' senario.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Wolfgang
05-13-2003, 11:34 AM
Working with DDM / Desktop the title block (better to say "frame") used in Annotation ("WM...") is loaded on the fly from the database itself when you modify the frame type or create a new sheet.

All dynamic information displayed in these frames are delivered by the database itself ... during load of the drawing, during store.. or calling explicit an 'update title block" in the OSD AM database menu. Exception : 'sheet number' and 'number of sheets' is handled by Annotation itself.

To customize the WM Title block, please have a look to <sddir>\help\common\DesignManagement\Annotation\english\wmam_cust.html

There's no functionality (by default) to read information from 'somewhere' on the drawing (here: your old frames) and to push it somehow into the database.. but advanced customization is possible. ;)

A first step might be to retrieve the information in the existing frames when store is invoked.. and simple show it in the display box... then you have a copy and paste template to push that information into the DDM UI.

MikeBoswell
05-14-2003, 11:13 AM
I just thought that since w/ SD the part name and contents ID get passed to Desktop that some functionality would exist from annotator.:mad:

Could someone , briefly, describe how loading the frames from WM into Annotation will work. What is seen from the non workmanager user when he accesses the mi file? Are the drawing views and frame represented in the DB as 2 files?

Our process takes the file, triggered by the stateflow to 'released', and creates pdf and dxf files. What would they look like? Would they include frames or not?