PDA

View Full Version : Default 2D/3D switches to Next Catch

jmobley
04-25-2003, 05:07 AM
I will have the catch mode in "Modeling" set to Default 2D & Default 3D. Next thing I know, I am not catching what I am supposed to be because the mode has automatically switched back to "Next Catch". I haven't been able to nail down any pattern to when the switch is made from "default" to "next" except that I didn't perform the switch manually.

I tried putting the following commands in my pesd_customize file, and while it did estabilish these settings at startup, it still will automatically switch to "next catch" at some point during my session:

(set_catch_parameters :default_2d
:wp :on
:wp_current
:part :on
:all
:project)

(set_catch_parameters :default_3D
:wp :on
:wp_all
:part :on
:all)

I am using version 11.60 on W2K, but the same problem has been noticed here using version 9.0 on NT as well.

Any one else experienced this? Any known fixes?

Gary Brauch
04-25-2003, 06:34 AM
This is a known and documented defect.
Set catch to default 2d/3d. Create a horizontal construction line on a workplane.
Now select "Parallel c-line" and select the line.
You now notice that you forgot to enter the offset value, so you go back up and reselect the "Parallel c-line" and enter an offset value.
When you go back to select the line to offset you will notice that your catch is set back to "next catch".

Also, if you use the shortcuts in the customization to create a workplane on a face (or Alt-middle mouse), it will set the catch back to "next catch".
commands are:
uic_new_wp_on_face
uic_new_wp_on_face_w_proj_geo :construction

Gary.

jmobley
04-25-2003, 07:03 AM
Where are the known and documented defects listed?

Gary Brauch
04-25-2003, 07:05 AM
Jeff,
I got it from an internal search (I recognized the problem).
Your best bet when you run into something like this is to contact Support.
Regards,
Gary.